I placed an order with Copsplus for a Pelican flashlight and a Spyderco knife. Both items were listed as available on their website. They charged my card immediately after placing my order. After a full week I received a notice that my items were back ordered and it was going to be an additional week before I received my items.

After another week passed I still had not received either of my items so I called to find out what was taking so long. The customer service person was incredibly rude. She told my flashlight was not in stock and that UPS were not able to deliver the knife to my home because my address was incomplete.

"Why didn't you notify me 2 weeks ago that you didn't have the flashlight before charging my credit card for something you don't have in stock and won't be able to re-stock?"

"And why wasn't my complete address forwarded to UPS? My receipt verifies you had my complete address when you placed my order"

At this point I told the customer service person to cancel my order and refund my money. She said they can't refund me until they receive their knife back in the mail but they have no idea when that will happen, could be a few weeks or more because they didn't send it out with the correct address. I demanded my money be returned and that I wouldn't wait around for a knife that never reached me to be returned to their distribution center, I shouldn't be held financially liable for something I never received.

She referred me to her boss which is the owner of the company. He said he wouldn't give me a refund until the knife was returned. Keep in mind that I still had not received the knife. So I'm suppose to wait around for this knife to come to my house after 2 weeks of waiting around already. No way. He wouldn't budge.

AND THEN she asked me to wait for him to mail me a special order tracking sticker so I could mail the knife directly to his office whenever it should arrive at my house!!! So now I work for him? No dice, I called UPS to reject the package and got confirmation through UPS the knife was returned to their distribution center.

I called Copsplus.com back to advise UPS confirmed the knife was returned and to return my money. They said they had to call the warehouse to make sure before they would refund me and contact me the next day. They didn't contact me the next day-I contacted them, was put on hold while they called the warehouse, and then finally at almost 3 weeks after my card had been charged and I hadn't received any merchandise, they said they would refund my card.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS 'COMPANY'. THEY DON'T STOCK ANYTHING, THEY HAVE ACCESS TO A WAREHOUSE IN MICHIGAN THAT THEY PLACE ORDERS TO FROM THEIR OFFICE IN NEW YORK. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY IMMEDIATELY AND TAKE THEIR TIME CONTACTING THE WAREHOUSE THAT MORE THAN LIKELY SUPPLIES MANY OTHER COMPANIES. IF THE ITEM YOU ORDERED IS NOT AT THE WAREHOUSE THEY WILL NOT LET YOU KNOW, YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL THEM DIRECTLY.

Learn from my mistake. Give your business to a company that cares about their customers.

Had an Experience with Copsplus?

Comments

I can see how reading the text right above your response is difficult, dogcop, but you are inaccurate and your information is false.

I hope nobody takes your posts seriosly (which I highly doubt they would regardless)...'dogcop'. Seems like not even a cop at all.

RE: dogcop

You are doing a disservice to any other CopsPlus customer by giving them incorrect contact information.While they may purchase from the 'distributor based in Michigan'-they are not owned by them.

You can find this information at the BBB or the local government office in Astoria, NY-this is public information.

A dristributor cannot release information on a customer's shipments and cannot give you information on your order from CopsPlus-save the time and frustration and do not call them.This 'Kroll International' does not own any other companies, let alone retail/e-commerce companies (like CopsPlus).

RE: dogcop

#132072

I had the same experience.Took my money and then backordered with an estimate of FOUR weeks!.

I checked them out and they are owned by a company in Michigan, Kroll International. Finally, had to call Michigan to find out when or if my holster was coming.

It was not easy getting a phone number but this is it: 800-359-6912.This is a total scam, they set up an office in New York to avoid any customer service, they just ship what they can get and good luck to the rest!